Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Me and Carnie

Well, today was our taping of The Newlywed Game, hosted by Carnie Wilson. Seeing as I woke up at 6:17 am and spent all of last night having newlywed-related dreams/nightmares, I'm not really ready to relive the experience yet. So instead, I will recount all the details unrelated to the actual game show.

It was really cold. So cold that I wanted some vodka.
There were bagels and muffins and donuts. Oh my! But seriously, where's the vodka?
We learned that on GSN, you are not allowed to say "clitoris" but you are allowed to say "rhymes with Dolores." You are allowed to say "a visit from Colonel Lingus" but you may not say "cunnlingus." Also, curiously, you are not allowed to say "Jesus Christ" unless you are talking about the man himself. I wonder if you are allowed to exclaim "rhymes with Beezus Feist!"
Lunch was provided by Subway. I normally like Subway, but a vegetarian sub can go very wrong. And that's how you end up with 3 inches of bread, lettuce, onion, and one triangle of cheese.
On the plus side, there was champagne.
On the minus side, they would only give me one tiny glass. Plus the tiny glass I stole from Pat. I am confident that had they given me a whole bottle, the show would have been much better.
They put so much lip gloss on me. I felt like Jessica Simpson when she wears too much lip gloss.

Anyways, that's all I can remember. It was exhausting. Then we came home and listened to Wilson Phillips' hit song, "Hold On."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2L9IKVe9LA

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home