Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So long

Well, I'm taking off for Ohio tomorrow. I realize that this fact does not greatly affect you for a couple of reasons:
1. It is conceivable that I can blog from Ohio. It does contain the major elements of my everyday life - squirrels, boredom, Targets, couches, etc.
2. I am the only one reading this.

In travel news, I'm a little anxious about flying. It's not that I'm concerned about the plane crashing, although, let's be honest, I am. I just hate everything associated with travel. I don't like rushing. I don't like taking my shoes off in public. I really don't like holding my garbage until someone comes by to collect it. And I don't like sitting in close proximity to strangers. God forbid my seatmate tries to strike up a conversation. Not only do I dislike talking to strangers, but my real problem is the face-to-face distance on a plane. I feel like polite conversation cannot occur naturally when the two parties' faces are about 4 inches apart. I don't like the things that I notice about someone's face at that distance, and I like even less thinking about what they're noticing about my face.

Anyways, I'd better go find a respectable book to read, so that I can avoid human interaction. I don't want a repeat of my last trip when someone caught me reading "My Sister's Keeper." That was embarassing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger shelby said...

I had a major borders splurge the other day and specifically set aside two acceptably cool (read: not teen angst lit about mythical creatures) books to save for my plane rides in a couple weeks. Can't be too careful.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home