Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Internet

I had quite a scare yesterday. I lost my wireless internet connection. I kept my cool for about 10 minutes. But when it didn't come back, I pretty much had a complete meltdown. It was ugly. This was around 10:30 am. I think I pretty closely followed the classic grief cycle. I never quite accepted the loss - I spent most of the day hovering around anger and depression.

Here's how it went:

Denial: "This can't be happening. The internet will be back any second and I will not miss any good updates on Facebook."

Anger: "It's not fair!!! I was just about to send in my application to be on the Newlyweds game show and now I'll never win a second honeymoon! This is all Pat's fault somehow!"

Bargaining: "If I get back on the internet, I will apply for a job. I promise. Or maybe I will just blog about the experience."

Depression: "If I can't look people up on IMDB, I might as well be dead."

Acceptance: "I will never accept losing the wireless. But I might be able to accept the sweet release of death."

Anyways, it took until about 6 pm to resolve the problem. There were a lot of ups and downs. But it gave me some time to think. During my bargaining phase, I decided that this was a sign, and should I ever get the internet back, I would blog again. So, holding up my end of that bargain, here I am.

Unfortunately, getting kicked off the wireless network is pretty much the most eventful thing that's happened in a month. But I promise, there will be more hijinks any day now. I might even leave the house. Who knows?? It's about to get crazy up in here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Under no circumstances should you consider leaving the house. I did it yesterday, and now I have five mosquito bites.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home