Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This has been bothering me

Have you ever seen one of those commercials where they promise something like "We'll match any competitor's price or your ____ is free!"? I've never understood that.

I keep hearing this one ad for a mattress store and it's driving me crazy. They claim: "At Sit 'n Save we'll beat anyone's price or your mattress is FREEEE!"

Seriously. I don't get it. The first half is fine. They have competitive prices and that's just dandy. But is there actually any price that they, for some inexplicable reason, are unable to beat? Because from a business standpoint, that just doesn't make any sense. Will they ever really say, "Oohhh...The Sleep Depot is selling this mattress for only $219? Shit. Yeah, you got us. We can't beat that. That is one unbeatable price. Well, here's your free mattress."

Unless someone else is selling mattresses for 1 penny, I don't see when a deal like this would ever result in getting something for free.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home