Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A blessing

I have a real sneezing problem. Mainly, in that I sneeze a jazillion times a day. It's brought on by the unfortunate combination of being allergic to everything while also having an inexplicable desire to smell everything I encounter in everyday life. It's a recipe for disaster.

When I spray perfume, I like to walk through the mist while inhaling the delicious smell molecules, inevitably leading to a 5-minute sneeze-fest. I bring it upon myself, I know. But most of the things I like to smell are probably pretty damaging to whatever "brain cells" I have. If a label says "Use only in a well-ventilated area," I'm pretty much guaranteed to like the smell of it. Cleaning supplies, instant hand sanitizer, and permanent markers totally kick the asses of flowers and cinammon rolls and whatever normal people enjoy.

When I was younger, I used to steal the Lemon Palmolive dishwasher detergent from the kitchen and take it to my room so that I could smell it at my leisure. Sad. I know. But it's so f-ing refreshing! Anyways, I'm pretty sure you can't get high or damage your brain with dishwasher detergent, but it also won't make you any friends. Probably. We'll see.

I don't know if anyone else out there shares my passion for dangerous smells, but I'm going to share this with you anyways. Pass it on if you know someone that smells of rubbing alcohol.These aromatherapy scent inhalers do not smell like bleach or hand sanitizer. But they do smell. And I have learned to love them. I currently have three in my purse. Ignore the fact that they have names like "gratitude" and "inner peace." They all smell sort of alike, but I am totally hooked. I don't know that they really create "positive thoughts to heal the nation", but I do probably owe the fine hippies at Earth Solutions my last remaining brain cells. Also, Pat's mom, because she bought them for us last Christmas. I'm a big fan of Lucid Dreams and World Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home