Friday, April 11, 2008

I'm confused

So there's this billboard by my house for Tillamook cheese. And while I have nothing against the people at Tillamook, I am totally baffled by their new advertisement. It pictures a bag of pre-shredded cheese - you know, the kind that's been around for a number of years/decades, and it says something like "Introducing: Tillamook SHREDS." Then in the corner it proclaims, "99.9 percent convenient!"

I guess I appreciate their honesty, because truth be told, it's probably not 100% convenient. You still have to open the bag, I suppose. And sometimes when the bag says "tear here" it tears off too high and you have to cut it with scissors anyways. But on those occasions, I'd say it's probably 96% convenient at best. So why the deduction of a tenth of a percent of convenience? I'm no statistician so I don't know if this is some sort of margin of error thing or what. I don't remember how that stuff works because every time someone tries to explain math to me I cry for three days. But come on, Tillamook. I'd really like to know, why not a round 100 percent? This is advertising. I don't really believe that Kix was tested on children and approved of by all their mothers, but it sounds good so we let it slide.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger JGPC said...

your math tears are as precious as spherical harmonics. why does the label of cheese make me laugh oh so much

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home