Friday, July 07, 2006

A Complaint

I'm here at the publishing company, and after putting stamps and address labels on about 600 envelopes, I decided to get a little snack. Working in an office adjacent to the kitchen is the most interesting part of this job, so I frequently wander off to peruse the communal food supply or wash the mugs that pile up in the sink.

The office food supply consists mostly of canned soda, crackers, baloney, wonder bread, and condiment packets from KFC. I took the liberty of opening a new and exciting box of something called "cheezit twisters". They're like cheezits, but in more the shape of a cheese puff. The box advertises "Two flavors! Big crunch!"

The crunch is, admittedly, pretty big, but as for the two flavors... Here's what they came up with: Cheddar and More Cheddar. Forgive me, Cheezit Twisters, but that sounds an awful lot like one flavor, regardless of how much cheddar there is. The other varieties are more distinct - there's Cool Ranch and Cheddar as well as Hot Wings and Cheesy Blue. It seems to me like the people at Cheezit wanted to break out of the cheese mold, but when they sat down at the flavor meeting, they could only come up with six, three of which are still cheddar.

I should probably get back to work, seeing as I can't afford to get fired from this job when I'm already on thin ice at the Tan Co. (For the record, apparently it's not Co. policy to let your boyfriend hang out while you're doing the ever so important job of tanning people, and let him act as a tanning apprentice. Whatever. If that's so wrong, I don't want to be right or tan.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home