Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Don't read this

In honor of surviving almost one more day of horribly painful tedium, I've proclaimed today Hodgepodge Wednesday. More accurately, I've been searching the internet for black people's addresses all day and along the way I caught up on some very unimportant news.
The first item is : Lance Bass is a homosexual. I'll be honest. My initial reaction was "Who is Lance Bass?" I know that he was in a boy band and he's not Justin Timberlake. Is he the one who wanted to be an astronaut? Possibly. Should I be surprised that a member of a so-called "boy band" likes the company of other boys? I don't think so. But more importantly, it brightened my day for just a few seconds.
The next item: Ken Jennings has a blog. I guess that wasn't the point of the story i read, but basically Ken Jennings, the mormon Jeopardy champ wrote something in a blog about Alex Trebek being a robot. When people got all up in arms, (and, presumably his grill) about it, he retracted the statements, apologized and then called Alex Trebek a cyborg. So there you have it - Mormons can be funny. The thing that I don't understand is why this made the news. Has no one ever poked fun at Alex Trebek and/or his moustache? Or are we just disppointed that 74 wins on Jeopardy does not forge a relationship that transcends robot-name-calling? Whatever. I'm blogging about a blog now so I have to go kill myself. Oh dear me, I'm just kidding. It's because i hate my job and life that I'm going to kill myself. HA! Gotcha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home