Friday, November 06, 2009

Cop-out Friday

Just when you thought I couldn't get any lazier.

This Friday, I bring you neither a flashback, nor original content. Well, it's kind of a flashback in the sense that I posted this on facebook last June.

That's right. It's the wildly popular re-naming of all the teams in the NBA. I still don't follow sports, but someone said something about basketball and I think this might be timely again. So here it is.

----

In the spirit of Pat watching boring basketball, I am going to rename all of the teams in the NBA so that I can more easily remember them. Thanks in advance to wikipedia for providing me with all the current names.

Boston Baked Beans
New Jersey T-Shirts
New York Bastards
Philadelphia Tom Hanksers
Toronto Pterodactyls
Chicago Oprahs
Cleveland Clinics
Detroit Racial Tensions
Indiana Daylight Savings
Milwaukee Vowels
Atlanta My Parents Went There For the 96 Olympics-ers
Charlotte Webs
Miami Vices
Orlando I Want to Go to Disneyworlds
Washington Wizards*
Denver Soy Chik'n Nuggets
Minnesota I Don't Know Where That Is-es
Oklahoma City Domestic Terrorists
Portland Lesser Known Hipsters
Utah Salty Mormon Lakers
Golden State Ashamed to be from Oaklanders
Los Angeles Team B
Los Angeles Team A
Phoenix, University of-ers
Sacramento Potato Sack Racers
Dallas Fort Werther's Originals
Houston Linxes
Memphis Mid-Southerners
New Orleans Tits
San Antonio Banderases

*I have no objection to the name Washington Wizards because wizards do magic and I love magic.

---

Note: This has been bothering me ever since I originally posted it. I left the Washington Wizards as is, because wizards do magic. But, I renamed the Orlando Magic to reflect my love of Disney World. Explanation: I love wizards and magic, but if you think about it, Disney World IS magical. So there you go. I think we can all agree that my logic is sound.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home